Website Ministry of Education
The W. Ross MacDonald School in Brantford is looking for someone to assist in maintaining the facilities and equipment of 20 buildings ranging in age from 5 to 147 years old and includes classrooms, recreational and dining facilities, and student residences.
- Move and set-up furniture and equipment as required;
- Provide general repairs to heating, ventilation systems
- Provide general repairs to locks, valves, pumps, repair of windows, flooring, minor painting and general touch-up work to furniture.
- Assist with implementation of work plans for summer students.
- Maintain the efficient mechanical operation of the swimming pool.
- Assist contract and government services tradespersons.
- Provide general preventative maintenance and repairs to buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment.
- Perform general plumbing, electrical and general facility maintenance.
- You have the ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule.
- You have the ability to obtain valid Heart saver and Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- You are able to read and follow simple drawings, blueprints, work specifications, including written and verbal instructions.
- You have the ability to use hand tools and power equipment;
- You have developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- You have organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills to manage daily operations and tasks;
Qualification & Experience:
- You have experience maintaining work orders and preventative maintenance logs.
- You have proven experience and ability to maintain efficient operation of swimming pool and related equipment;
- You have proven mechanical aptitude and experience performing routine general maintenance inspections, preventative maintenance and minor repairs of electrical, plumbing, small engines, appliances, furniture fittings and electromechanical systems.
- You have demonstrated experience operating various grounds maintenance equipment such as skid steer loader, tractors and riding lawn mowers;
- You have demonstrated experience and general working knowledge of trades such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC systems, and electrical to assist with semi-skilled general maintenance;
Company: Ministry of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A