Website Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
As a member of the Ontario Parks team, under the day to day supervision of the Park Superintendent and general direction of the Zone Ecologist, will plan, develop and ensure the ecological integrity of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems and the integration of resource management activities in the Park; to assist in the planning and management of Park issues, provide specialist expertise and advice on terrestrial and/or aquatic ecosystems management and coordinate research activities in the Park. As well as provide similar support to outlying parks as required.
- design and perform scientifically sound studies
- conduct environmental assessment screening for park projects and initiatives
- provide group leadership and training to seasonal staff
- coordinate and review research carried out at the park by internal and external partners
- assist in the preparation of various resource plans (stewardship, fire management, vegetation, fisheries, invasive species and wildlife resource plans)
- integrate and evaluate the fish and wildlife and species at risk strategies
- participate in public consultation and communication initiatives
- develop and plan strategies to ensure ecological integrity
- You possess a valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent as recognized by the province of Ontario to travel to the park and to remote areas.
- You possess strong theoretical and working knowledge of fish and wildlife habitat and population assessment, and environmental impact on fish and wildlife resources.
- You demonstrate the ability to provide advice to management on resource management issues.
- You have proven knowledge and ability in using research protocols standards and experimental design.
- You have the ability to write correspondence, prepare reports and create presentations.
- You have strong consultative skills to build and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and community partners.
- You have the ability to work in inclement weather.
- You possess the ability to plan projects and new initiatives to ensure ecological integrity and maintain budgets
- You possess or have the ability to obtain an Emergency First Aid certificate.
- You have the ability to work with and coordinate various partners to complete projects.
- You have the ability to work shifts, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule.
Company: Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Atikokan, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A