Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Policy and Innovation team where we are accelerating housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation. The incumbent of this position is essential to promote and embed the use of data science in CMHC’s Policy sector and to build a portfolio that supports the maturity of analytics capacity. The incumbent must work closely with senior management to identify and identify analytics opportunities, risks and outcomes to support CMHC’s strategy.
- Build strong relationships and work closely with key stakeholders to identify opportunities and collaborate with partners to find the right analytics solution. Collaborate with business lines to inform strategic analytics planning and prioritize key initiatives that will help drive business;
- Identify analytics opportunities and strategies that will meet business needs, and lead the effective prioritization of initiatives, selection and implementation of tools, methods and strategies that translate and interpret data into valuable business intelligence ;
- Oversee the effective prioritization of the analytics portfolio, the implementation of best practices, the growth of data science and the strategies used to interpret data and transform it into valuable business intelligence;
- Report on the status of ongoing projects, deliverables that have been completed or delayed, and the analytics plan for upcoming projects;
- Collaborate with the Data Scientist Advisor on problem solving to ensure timelines are met and the analytics portfolio is executed well.
- Act as an agent of change by establishing a common vision with colleagues and exerting influence to transform the vision into action;
- Build and maintain a healthy portfolio of analytics initiatives by staying abreast of business needs and objectives and finding solutions for people who use analytics;
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills that drive creativity and innovation;
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to speak clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in a variety of styles and contexts, and to convey messages at different levels of the Corporation in both official languages;
- Expertise in pursuing business opportunities to build the analytics portfolio, including an advanced ability to identify, assess and manage risks to achieve desired results;
- Strong knowledge of the analytics ecosystem including data science, analytics and business intelligence systems, modeling techniques, data governance, data warehousing solutions, data lakes and application extensibility solutions;
- Strong ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Analytical thinking and ability to drive results and business impact through sourcing and developing innovative analytical solutions;
- Good understanding of housing market and socio-economic data, affordable/social housing programs, real estate and finance.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least ten years of relevant professional experience in analytics, including five years of management experience;
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics or related field. A master’s degree is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience could be considered;
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec. Canada
Application Deadline: N/A