Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Chief Risk Officer team, where we support CMHC’s goals of financial stability and affordable housing. This role involves bringing quantitative skills and knowledge of Canada’s financial and mortgage sectors to modeling initiatives at CMHC, including model development, model validation and interpretation of model results with the ultimate goal of inform decision-making and improve risk management.
- Support the team on all issues related to model risk modeling and analytics, risk management and model implementation using advanced data analysis techniques and tools.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing analytical models and tools;
- Find solutions by showing a lot of creativity, ingenuity, innovation and diplomacy, and by using negotiation;
- Help improve model development procedures to reflect industry best practices;
- Compile, sort and organize data for subsequent analysis. Test and validate hypotheses by applying a range of advanced mathematical, statistical, scientific or computational techniques;
- Explore machine learning techniques to build the next generation of models;
- Use mathematics, statistical tools and computational techniques to develop models and perform analyses;
- Ability to use machine learning techniques to build models is an asset.
- Advanced theoretical and specialized knowledge of a wide range of quantitative models used within a financial institution;
- Professional title: actuary, CFA chartered financial analyst, professional risk manager PRM, financial risk manager [FRM] or certificate in quantitative finance CQF, etc;
- Knowledge of mortgage loan insurance and securitization activities;
- Extensive practical experience in developing and implementing quantitative models to measure, analyze and manage financial risk and insurance risk;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with retail lending, dashboard model development, probability of default and loss models, economic capital and stress testing;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of various quantitative software like SAS, R, Python, VBA, etc;
- Demonstrated experience with actuarial, statistical and econometric models;
- Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in quantitative finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science, actuarial science, finance, economics or any other quantitative field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least five years of relevant experience in modelling/validation or quantitative analysis with a bank, insurance company, asset manager or other type of financial institution;
- Demonstrated experience with retail lending, developing scorecard models, probability of default and loss models, economic capital and stress testing.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A