The position of Senior Cloud Engineer is vacant. The Senior Cloud Engineer will report directly to the Senior Manager: Infrastructure and Operations and forms part of the ICT division. The position is based at GEMS Head Office, Pretoria. The total remuneration package will be will be based on qualifications and experience.
The Senior Cloud Engineer required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission cloud services, the Senior Cloud Engineer role requires additional knowledge and experience around technologies and techniques for automating provision and management of infrastructure in a distributed environment through scripting and advance cloud technologies and provide support to the SM: Infrastructure and Operations
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure cloud and office 365 products and services through the approval of Senior Manager Infrastructure Services and Operations or Chief Information Officer
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term cloud capacity needs.
- Provide monthly and quarterly Cloud and Office 365 performance reports.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to cloud and office 365 configuration, processes, and service.
- Provide Cloud and Office 365 technical security inputs to combat any ICT security threats.
- Oversee new and existing cloud and office 365 upgrades.
- Maintain and provide Cloud and Office 365 configuration documentation
- Conduct research on cloud technologies, products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the cloud trends industry.
- Cloud and Office 365 environment.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, continuity plan and associated training plans for Cloud and Office 365 administration, services and usage.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Have an understanding of medical schemes industry.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work outside normal business hours when required and to travel where required to perform work duties.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, Cloud security, MCSE,ITIL will be advantageous, Other Cloud certificates will be added as advantageous.
- National Diploma/ Advanced Certificates (NQF Level 6) in computer science or Information Technology with 3 years Managerial and 5 years functional work experience.
Company: Government Employees Medical Scheme – GEMS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A