To provide IT expertise and advice in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To produce logical and technical specifications from functional specifications and to write the code for medium to large applications.
- Support development environments.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Comply, understand, and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Assess, identify, and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Design, code, test, and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
- Minimize system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimization of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
- SOAP and Restful Services
- Knowledge in Java 8 or latest version
- Agile Development Methodology
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field
- Atlassian tools, Jira, Confluence
Qualification & Experience:
- System Design experience advantageous
- 3 -5 years+ experience in programming and system design
- Minimum: B.Com, B.Eng., BSc Eng., BSc Informatics or related degree
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: City of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A