The above position is vacant at CashMaster in Waltloo, reporting to the Procurement and Quality Control Manager at CashMaster.
Under limited direction, perform difficult and complex technical duties related to the purchasing o services, supplies, and equipment in accordance with established policies and regulations; may supervise the work of administration assistants and perform related work as required.
- Purchasing methods, procedures and specification preparations: methods and techniques utilized in analysing the quality of services, supplies and equipment of purchasing information, budgets and revenue control; operation of personal computer software programs including word processing and spreadsheet tools
- Prepares and process purchasing forms such as purchase orders, honoraria; obtains proper documentation to validate, set up, assign and track vendor numbers; verifies appropriateness of budget codes and availability of funds
- Supervise and train assistants and short-term, non-continuing employees.
- Maintains complex central filling system for all contracts in accordance with policies and regulations: interprets contracts for appropriate language and formats; prepares contract monthly reports to Procurement Manager
- Learn and interpret difficult and complex technical rules, regulations and instruction; write specifications, prepare bid/RFQ documents, handle bidding/RFQ process and analyse all results; analyse, understand and negotiate legal contracts and perform detailed work related to purchasing with judgement, accuracy, confidentiality and promptness; maintain and prepare record, files and reports; communicate effectively in English, follow and give oral and written directions, interact with the public in a helpful, courteous and friendly manner, establish and maintain effective working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Determines and develops appropriate sources of supply and maintains cooperative working relationships with vendors to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services
- Monitor stock levels and prepare purchases.
- Reviews all request for removal and disposal of surplus items vie donations, auction etc; reconciles stores inventory, maintains archives
- May be responsible for specializing in a specific commodity such as furniture, stockless stores, construction projects, or technical equipment,etc
- Initiates bid/quotes process for services, supplies and equipment; consults with user and outside consultants to develop specifications; prepares bid/ RFQ documents and oversees the bid process; performs bid analysis and makes recommendations regarding purchases
- Resolves problems and issues arising from the purchase of services, supplies and equipment with internal and external suppliers.
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling CashMaster’s values and ethical standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Qualification & Experience:
- Technical qualifications would be advantageous
- Three years’ experience in purchasing a variety of general and specialised items, shipping and receiving and basic accounting preferably for public entity
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Procurement/Supply chain qualification
Company: Fidelity Services Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A