Responsible for designing, developing and executing profitable trading opportunities around ExxonMobil’s refining, logistics and marketing assets. Based at ExxonMobil’s Spring TX campus, the role requires the development of strong internal (trading team members, refinery coordinators, analysts and scheduler/operators) and external (trading counterparties, brokers and strategic partners) relationships. The applicant should have excellent experience in the U.S. domestic and global gasoline markets, with a strong risk controls acumen.
- Evaluate domestic and international gasoline markets to develop future trading market view, while aligning view across internal trading and analytics teams
- Collaborate with trading analytics to identify and capture gasoline arbitrage opportunities
- Utilize combination of derivatives and exchange cleared instruments to hedge, manage pricing exposure and optimize trading positions.
- Ensure trading activities conducted within appropriate authority / risk limits and consistent with internal trading guidelines
- Complete accurate and timely trade capture, managing ongoing interface with Risk Control to ensure position matching, mark to market and commercial margin accuracy
- Interface with other regional trading offices (e.g. EU, Canada, AP) on inter-regional arbitrage opportunities
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree combined with a minimum of 5 years gasoline trading experience.
- A clear focus on physical trading but also knowledgeable and experienced in the use of derivatives.
- Strong trading and logistics knowledge of either:
- The international gasoline market, notably trading cargoes between the US, Canada, Mexico/Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- AND/OR the domestic U.S. gasoline market, notably the Gulf Coast, NY Harbor and Mid West, including each region’s interplays with international trade flows.
- Experience and expertise in managing gasoline storage locations.
- Proven ability to develop new business relationships and capture new opportunities.
- Self-starting, team player with ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high-pressure team environment.
- Willingness to meet occasional after hours work needs and to travel on a limited basis.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A