As a Technical Product Manager in Expedia Group’s Data organization, you will build, shape, define and execute the data product strategy by deeply understanding our internal consumer needs as well as the external market strengths. You will work with a dedicated engineering team tasked with building and maintaining outstanding data, tools, and platform products for Expedia.
As someone who loves to look beyond the status quo, you will be in tune with team dynamics and constantly work to improve the processes and decision structures used by the team. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product managers, engineers and partners to distill product ideas down into shippable user stories.
- Drive product development and project schedules from design to release, make appropriate decisions to optimize revenue outcomes, and market rollout.
- Engage with engineering, analytics, and data science teams to define product features.
- Conduct market research, competitive review, and analysis of proposed enhancements to your products to recommend innovative solutions.
- Generate deep knowledge of existing data & tool capabilities across the data landscape and the organization – for efficient solution design & technical support.
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis and modeling for investigation and quantification of business impact.
- Craft clear, concise and accurate functional and technical requirements.
- Committed to the highest level of product quality – pay attention to your product creation, and take pride in it. Steering bug investigations, root cause analysis, follow-ups.
- Build collaborative, strong and engaging relationships between engineering, product partners and consumers. Be the liaison between the technical teams and consumers.
- Analyze large datasets using SQL, Excel, and statistical tools to derive business metrics.
- Support the product owner, outlining and devising technical roadmap and providing regular development status updates.
- Create and own product documentation, lead user training and provide ongoing support for your suite of data products to improve the onboarding experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- You are an enthusiastic TPM who loves to understand problems deeply and rally a team to tackle it.
- You love to distill complex ideas, technologies, and data analytics use cases into smaller manageable units with clear outcomes and can communicate these through confluence, slack, email etc.
- You have a keen sense of the right level of detail at the right time.
- Experience in running complex dependencies, trade-off decisions, and supporting user onboarding.
- Shown success in delivering technology products in a high demand and growth environment.
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience with writing SQL queries & affinity towards data analysis would be a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and positive intent towards problem-solving.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A