Website Etihad Airways
As Safety Airworthiness Investigator you will focus on identifying hazards assessing risk and analyzing them to establish the root cause, contributing factors and the effectiveness of the barriers for every case, you will also produce comprehensive reports when required and ensure that the data incorporated into the database is accurate and factual. When required you will be suggesting safety actions or recommendation to be taken when the risk assessment requires.
- Lead the investigation go-team and represent the company in regard to any major accident or disaster that occurs in the air or on the ground in compliance with the GCAA CAR Part VI.
- Identify safety recommendations or mitigation actions to the organisation in order to avoid repeated safety incidents.
- Perform internal safety investigations of non-routine occurrences and incidents related to the airworthiness of the aircraft under CAR Part X, CAR Part M and CAR Part 145, which include the development and verification of accident causal analysis
- Compose and review safety investigation reports that will be published to the associated stakeholders within the company. These reports maybe distributed to governmental authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Analyse and interpret factual information gathered from investigations to be able to deduce the root causes and contributing factors of safety incidents and accidents.
- Assess the severity of safety incidents to determine the extent of the company’s response to an incident.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with safety databases management.
- Successful completion of an aviation Safety Management System (SMS) training course.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering, safety or aviation is recommended.
- Successful completion of an aircraft accident/incident investigation course.
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- At least 8 years of aviation working experience
- Advanced computer literacy in office productivity applications.
- At least 3 years working experience in a flight safety function.
Company: Etihad Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A