To provide leadership in the provision of professional economic analysis services to the broader Eskom Group, provide direction and co-ordination of foreign exchange, commodity, and derivative trading activities
- Coordinate management of foreign exchange and commodity market trading activities.
- Strategically manage the currency and interest rate risk associated with Eskom’s loan book through the management of a portfolio of derivative assets and liabilities, taking into consideration Eskom’s hedging policy and liquidity requirements.
- Strategically manage the currency and commodity risk associated with Eskom’s foreign currency denominated purchases and sales, taking into consideration Eskom’s hedging policy and liquidity requirements.
- Direct and manage the preparation of Economic research, forecasts, and analysis.
- Problem solving
- International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to conduct meetings and manage projects.
- Developing others and building effective team
- Planning and analytical skills.
- Be customer focused with good customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Financial management
- Innovative and pragmatic business approach
- Coaching and mentoring
- Risk assessment
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 Years’ Treasury related experience in the following areas: Trading (Foreign Exchange/ Commodities/ Fixed Income), Portfolio Management/ Financial Structuring, Financial Economics (Forecasting, Modelling).
- Master’s Degree in Economics/ Finance/ Investment. (M. Comm) on a NQF level 9 with 600 credits
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A