Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist at Life Rosepark and Pasteur Hospitals situated in Bloemfontein.The successful candidate will be reporting to the Nursing Standards Manager, Lida Oberholzer and will be responsible for coordinating and delivering clinical nurse training in the hospital and to ensure competent qualified nurses and students-in-training in line with LHC strategic objectives.
- Monitor compliance to risk related training strategy and report accordingly.
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements of the hospital and nursing function strategy.
- Provide risk based in-service training, identify deviations and take remedial action where necessary.
- Plan and coordinate CPD and other programs for qualified nurses with the Nursing Standards Manager in line with hospital and company requirements, including all staff induction.
- Support students with research projects in the hospital environment.
- Participate in the marketing of the professional image of the nursing profession.
- Plan and co-ordinate clinically-related risk based in service training programs in conjunction with Nursing Standards Manager, Enabling Team and Unit Managers in line with the hospital needs and company requirements e.g. reduction of medication errors.
- Plan and facilitate competency based training and assessment for staff together with the enabling team and Unit Managers.
- Identify and formulate a plan of action relating to clinical delivery problems.
- Identify risks and ensure competence in use of products through in-service training.
- Provide feedback on the progress of the students both to the Learning Centre and HOD.
- Participate in the Enabling Team to ensure and promote a high standard of quality care.
- Participate in the identification and planning of the nursing component of the WSP according to the hospital needs and in line with the Nursing Function strategy.
- Identify relevant learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development.
- Participate in marketing initiatives with students and learning centres in order to promote nursing as a career.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure clinical competence.
- Must be registered with SANC accordingly.
- Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation
- Facilitation and assessment skills.
- Driver’s license.
- Computer proficiency.
- Preference will be given to affirmative action candidates in line with the Employment Equity Company’s policy.
- Understanding of change management principles.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven clinical leadership expertise is important.
- Post Basic Degree/Diploma in Nursing Education is essential.
- Advanced Diploma in Critical Care Nursing is essential
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing.
- Experience as a Clinical Training Specialist will be an advantage.
- A qualification in Preceptorship will be an advantage
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A