The Emirates Group is looking to provide IT professionals’ opportunities to join the world of aviation and travel. Technology is evolving and applications are widely used across all the Emirates Group, which includes the world’s largest international airline Emirates, and one of the worlds largest combined air services providers, dnata. The Group is experiencing a strong recovery and demand across its businesses and is offering a range of career opportunities for skilled IT professionals to work with technologies at world-leading innovative partners in a dynamic and evolving environment.
The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of a cross functional team working autonomously on technology development and problem resolution. The role involves the design, development, implementation and maintenance of technology solutions and products that support the Emirates Group Business.
- Automate unit tests and carries out testing independently. Troubleshoot issues, fixes defects that are moderate to high complexity and carry out testing independently.
- Code review by peers/technical leads demonstrates good coding principles. Software engineering tasks or problems of moderate to high scope. Translate business solution requirements into potential technical solutions based on technical design.
- Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
- Debug issues of complexity and follows design documents with minimal or no supervision.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Shadows senior engineers on design and architecture components and collaborate with members of the cross functional team to identify areas of inefficiency and propose solutions.
- Lead technical design and build for small to medium sized solutions in a team. Translate functional and non-functional requirements into fit for purpose technical design. Ensure solution performance, business edge cases and security related issues while developing software.
- Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements.
- IBM Maximo Asset Management, extending Maximo through Automation scripting, Java classes, JSP for mobile apps, custom workflow, Start Centres, and BIRT reporting, Maximo BIM viewer integration
- As well as strong analytical skills the Senior Software Engineer must have worked with a range of technologies, understands the difference between them and competently uses technology with minimal supervision.
- Oracle EBS techno functional consultant with XMLPublisher, Workflows, ECC, MAF, Integration using ISG, techno functional expertise covering one of the below modules: HCM, SCM & Finance
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer engineering or Software Engineering.
- 4+ years Software Engineering (preference for Airline industry experience) (Fewer years’ experience will be considered for Master Degree holders)
Company: Emirates Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A