To manage all aspects of the EmiratesRED retail shops, maximizing revenue and profit and delivering high customer satisfaction with a performance culture. To manage EmiratesRED marketing publications and tactical communications to promote EmiratesRED onboard and among the crew community to maximize sales performance potential.
- Budget Control: Prepare and manage an annual budget for all costs and revenues related to the stores.
- Operations: Oversee all aspects of supply and inventory control: Identify, source, produce a full range of products, ensure stock control & inventory are managed to limit write off exposure and in compliance with audit requirements. To ensure the team is effectively rostered to best meet the business demands. Ensure adequate security is in place in the retail environment. Liaise with shop supervisors to have an overview of day-to-day shop operations and act as point of escalation for the shop supervisors for directives and decisions.
- Product Development: Responsible for establishing the ideal retail product mix to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction. This is based on establishing methods to gather customer insights, understand external consumer trends, and adopting best practices.
- Ancillary revenue: Co-ordinate the sale of inflight retail advertising to maximize revenue generation. Work with partners to drive product promotion in the retail space. Implement innovative ways for new revenue opportunities and add value through product improvement, in the inflight retail space as well as the shops.
- Competitor Monitoring: Monitor competitors in the airline inflight retail and global travel retail space as well as the traditional retail space (Dubai and aboard) with regards to strategies, visual merchandising, product range, price benchmarking and innovations of products and value-added services. Consequently implement product improvements independently and, where necessary, recommend product enhancements and developments in order that Emirates’ product remains competitive and a leader in the field of inflight retail as well as in the shops.
- Communications: Market and promote the EmiratesRED brand on all channels. Establish a calendar of promotions, performance monitoring of marketing campaigns, co-ordinate product launches, sales and resolution of customer complaints and prepare periodic reports regarding the store products and services.
- Leadership and staff motivation: Lead and motivate the shops retail team, to achieve maximum performance, innovation and customer satisfaction. To effectively communicate expectations, drive personal development of each team member to achieve a service driven and performance culture.
- Marketing plan: Establishing a comprehensive marketing plan to drive maximum revenue and customer awareness via internal or owned channels, e.g. yammer, ice and publications. Ensure that the visual merchandising in the shops is attractive, frequently changing and meets customer and brand needs.
- Supplier Management: Manage, direct, encourage, and build relationships with, external suppliers of inflight retail and stores to ensure the highest levels of service, creativity and cost reductions whilst maintaining the highest product standards. Establish successful supplier relationships that contribute to an efficient sourcing and procurement process and allow access to exclusive/hard-to-get products.
- Should have a friendly demeanor and good inter-personal skills.
- There must be an ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English. Any other languages would be an advantage.
- Has to have good knowledge of the airline industry, Sports events and retail in general.
- Should be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel and experienced with retail Point of Sale systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Marketing & Media Communication.Other : 3+ Years
- Qualifications: Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Company: Emirates Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A