Website The Emirates Group
Provide operational support to the Emirates Group Medical Services Laboratory by collecting and / or accessioning patient samples. This includes performing routine phlebotomy across all ages groups. Part of the role includes ensuring samples are processed in a timely manner and all departmental policies are followed.
- Liaise with clinicians and patients to ensure the appropriate pre-analytical testing requirements are met.
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained of all phlebotomy stocks to ensure service continuity. Provide guidance to clinicians on the appropriate swabs / collection containers are used.
- Process any add-on / cancelled tests, ensuring this is clearly communicated to the main laboratory.
- E nsure appropriate logs are maintained in a timely manner for traceability of all samples.
- Ensure all equipment is used appropriately and escalate to Clinical Operations Management any faults immediately.
- Prepare all laboratory samples for delivery to the main laboratory (includes centrifugation, aliquoting, freezing etc. as appropriate), including the processing of all samples to be forwarded to reference laboratories.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 yrs schooling or equivalent
- Licensed to practice as a Phlebotomist by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
- Registered and / or licensed as a Phlebotomist (or equivalent) with a recognised international body.
- Other Languages besides English: N/A
- 3+ yrs in a Medical Laboratory. Preference for individuals with experience in a multi-disciplinary environment. Minimum 1 year experience post qualification as a phlebotomist experience in the UAE is desirable.
- As laboratory medicine is constantly evolving, the Phlebotomist is expected to use a range of
- Demonstrate competence in phlebotomy for patients of all age groups including an understanding of the importance of collecting the appropriate tube for the requested laboratory tests, sample stability timelines, and storage requirements.
- Accuracy of sample stability, storage and quality assurance is paramount to this role.
- professional skills in pre-analytical processing, escalating issues that may arise as appropriate.
Company: The Emirates Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A