Working within the Quality Engineering (QE) team, the Lead Performance Engineer (LPE) is responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, scalability and reliability of a suite of products. The LPE collaborates with multiple stakeholders to develop a fit for purpose performance engineering and testing strategy that covers all aspects of the product, including cross program dependencies. The LPE drives a performance-driven culture and enables the development community to test earlier and test faster, thereby enabling faster time to market and built-in quality
- Understand Non Functional Requirements and translate them into specific Design and Testing goals.
- Effectively capture and build a strategy to validate NFRs – Test Plan and test Strategy
- Evaluate Cross Program Dependencies and conduct a thorough impact analysis that needs to be incorporated in the performance testing strategy
- Participate in all phases of the Performance Engineering lifecycle ?Requirement Gathering, Design, Development, Scripting, Execution, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Tuning, Reporting
- Establish a Performance Testing Framework for Component Tests and E2E Tests
- Collaborate with the Architects and Product Owners to define the Workload models for the application and update/refine the workload model.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Solution Design and Development teams to design for Performance.
- Ensure NFRs are defined for Features and Components, and ensuring every sprint team has a NFRs in their backlog.
- Work with Site Reliabilities Engineers to resolve, diagnose and identify tuning opportunities.
- Understand applications, including the underlying architecture and technology stack, to recommend appropriate strategies and ensure the system performance is within defined SLAs
- Evaluate testability of Features/Solution. Work with architecture and design to build testability into the architecture
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to Multi-task, Prioritize and Manage time
- Ability to understand and analyse AWR reports
- Advanced knowledge in Performance Testing Apps on Mobile Devices and Simulators.
- Proficient with APM tools such App dynamics, DynaTrace, New Relic etc. as well as Code Profilers to detect performance issues
- Must be able to work both independently and within a group
- Good understanding of networks and troubleshooting network issues.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled at Performance Engineering, profiling and tuning.
- Thorough knowledge of DevOps and how Continuous Performance Testing can be implemented using Load testing Tools, APM tools, code profilers etc.
- Thorough knowledge of android profiler and IOS instruments
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrable experience communicating with all technology partners, be it architecture, design, engineering, operations or infrastructure management
- Proficient in at least one coding/scripting language Preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with stakeholders across IT and Business to analyse and interpret business requirements, and translate it to technical requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or similar Experience in Performance Engineering, including testing, profiling and tuning, for highly available and scalable mission critical applications.
- 3+ years of experience in leading the performance engineering practice for a suite of products, including Web, Mobile and Desktop applications/solutions
- Experience working in Organizations/functions with a large suite of mission critical applications/solutions
- Hands-on operational experience working with UNIX and Windows environments, and troubleshooting environment, OS or configuration related issues
- Experience using packet sniffers and network monitoring tools to troubleshoot and fix network related issues
Company: Emirates Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A