To provide patients with prescribed medication / and non prescribed medications (Over the Counter (OTC)) for treatment of minor ailments, acting as a consultant to patients, physicians and the medical team on the selection, dosage, interaction, side effects and use of drugs. Identify and rectify prescribing errors to prevent fatal complications and ensure pharmaceutical regulations are followed. Take full responsibility for safe and accurate dispensing of all prescriptions.
- Identify and rectify prescribing errors to prevent health complications, including fatality. Independently counsel patients and medical practitioners regarding the nature and use of drugs, drug selection, appropriate drug therapy, drug indications / contra-indications, dosage, drug interactions and side effects. Actively participate in the drug selection process and refer any problems associated with the prescribing.
- Prepare and provide medicines and treatment without Doctors instructions such as treatment of minor ailments (cold, cough, constipation, etc), making initial clinical assessments and referring patients to appropriate clinicians if required. Dispense prescriptions from external Clinics on network.
- In liaison with Senior Pharmacist, ensure supply and disbursement of adequate stocks of drugs at the pharmacy. Refer medication orders to the Senior Pharmacist and oversee appropriate, storage and ensuring minimum loss. Manage storage and recordkeeping systems to provide for safekeeping of pharmaceuticals. Also responsible for auditing and recommending improvements in cost related aspects and pharmacy organization, systems and processes.
- Responsible for Drug therapy management i.e, ensure that patient receives the prescription in the right dose, quantity and with proper instructions, check interactions, alter drug regimen if inappropriate. Independently dispense medication, review medication profile of patients to ensure appropriateness of prescriptions.
- Responsible for independently preparing and dispensing prescription and non-prescription medications, reviewing medication profile of patients to ensure appropriateness of prescriptions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree of Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Regulatory requirement: Valid DHA license
- Medical/ Pharmacy: 5+ Years Knowledge/skills:
- Strong communication and customer service skills, including dealing with sensitive and confidential patient information.
- Experience in a hospital or community Pharmacy.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A