Website Dubai Metro
Carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on structured fibre optic and copper cabling systems individually or as part of a technical team, within a designated area, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the operations.
This role is a subject to contract award and further details will be disclosed at a later stage.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- Any other work as assigned by the Structured Cabling supervisor/duty engineer to achieve the purpose
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of drawings (circuit and wiring diagrams/schematic and layout drawings) irrespective of manufacturer
- Can correctly setup and use electrical test equipment and interpret the test results to include:
- Digital Multi meter
- Fibre optic power meter
- Fibre optic light source
- Fibre multi meter
- Optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR)
- Fibre fault locator.
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Electrical Standards and Regulations.
- A very good level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point)
- Airport experience is considered as added advantage for this position
- Minimum three (3) year experience within Structured Cabling environment or similar
- High School Certificate
- Industrial Training Institute Diploma in Electronics or equivalent
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent
- Current valid UAE driving license is desirable
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A