Website Dubai Airport
The purpose of the role is to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on various types of chillers individually or as part of a technical team, within a designated area whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the operations.
This role is a subject to contract award and further details will be disclosed at a later stage.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Ability to work in harsh outdoor conditions (cooling towers maintenance)
- Ability to use automatic tubes brushing equipment and pressure washers
- Ability to use refrigerant vacuum pumps and refrigerant recovery machines
- Ability to safely use overhead cranes and has a good knowledge in rigging & slinging
- Ability to safely erect basic scaffolding platform
- Inspect, diagnose and perform major and minor repair work on chillers, motors, pumps, hydraulic equipment, compressors, controls, valves and related equipment. Perform routine and preventative maintenance on pumps, motors, engines and compressors.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- This position requires a very good level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point)
- Good knowledge in safe systems of work (mechanical isolation, electrical isolation)
- Must have High School Certificate or Industrial Training Institute Diploma (3-year duration) in Mechanical Maintenance or equivalent (post high school).
- Should have IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Holding of valid UAE driving license is desirable.
- Customer Service – See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Solves Problems – Identifies problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Communicates Effectively – Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Gains Others’ Trust – Interacts with others in a supportive way and in accordance with our Values.
- Judgement and Decision Making – Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios. Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Drive for Results – Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units. Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
- Must have minimum three (3) years’ experience within chiller repair related environment or similar and preference for those with experience in central & district cooling plant equipment maintenance.
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English and have ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Should have working knowledge in Ms Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint, Outlook) etc.
Company: Dubai Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A