Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Mall of the North store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning. Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualified as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Unisolv, SAP and E-Scripting.
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Mathematics (HG), Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
- Retail FMCG, Dis-Chem front shop experience and a good performance record.
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A