Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Trainee Assistant Manager for their Pretoria Region. You will assist the Store Manager with all operations of the store including managing staff and being responsible for store targets, maintaining inventory by checking the merchandise to determine inventory levels and preparing reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information.
- Manage the performance management process and ensure that personal development plans are adhered to.
- Ensure all merchandisers adhere to Dis-Chem merchandising standards.
- Prepare, coordinate and manage stock takes on a biannual basis, in conjunction with the Store Admin Manager and Store Manager.
- Ensure promotional stock and displays are planned, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure customer requests and complaints are addressed timeously.
- Regulate customer compliments and complaints.
- Manage stock-flow to the floor.
- Manage shrinkage.
- Adhere to all labelling, pricing and layout standards, and ensure that merchandisers adhere to these standards.
- Manage and ensure all orders are done on a daily basis, no time, and maintain correct stock levels.
- Manage day-to-day human resource administration including, but not limited to, leave, hours of work and scheduling.
- Ensure all store objectives are achieved.
- Strong command of the English language
- Basic financial skills – GP, mark-up, VAT, etc.
- Basic knowledge and application of human resources and industrial relations
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Basic IR and management training
- Computer literate – MS Office and retail operating systems
- Valid drivers license
- Manage, develop and motivate subordinates
- Effective interaction with suppliers, management, reps and staff
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and time management
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant retail/FMCG qualification
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Minimum of 5 years’ retail/FMCG experience in all retail departments: Receiving, Admin, Capturing, Till Operations, Cash Office, Sales Floor and Customer Service
- Minimum of 3 year’s management/supervisory experience
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A