Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Inventory Supervisor to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence, within the Dis-Chem Warehouse. To ensure efficient and accurate Inventory processes and regulations in line with company standard operation procedures within the distribution centre.
- Plan the layout of a multiple supplier stock storage system.
- Effective and efficient relationships with internal customers to improve operating efficiencies.
- Provide accurate data on individual performance to management and act when company standards are not met.
- Ensure that daily audits are performed on replenishments and pack-away.
- Effective and efficient resolution of internal and external customer day-to-day queries.
- Ensure that accuracy of counts is maintained.
- Ensure cycle counts are processed and captured accurately and timeously.
- The effective and efficient performance of clerical functions in the Inventory department, according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all administration and filing is accurate and up to date.
- Efficient and accurate administration, filling and reporting for transactional excellence.
- Adhere to Good Warehousing Practises, SHE programme and Occupational Health and Safety act.
- Anticipate issues and opportunities and take act on them pro-actively.
- Ensure capturing of corrections and special enquiries are completed accurately.
- Adherence and delivery against shift specific targets, with emphasis on accuracy.
- Deal with all aspects of store or customer queries.
- Report any health and safety hazards to ensure ultimate safety in the distribution centre.
- Report any problems to the Inventory Manager.
- Ensure that staff conducts cycle counting, on a regular cyclic basis.
- Ensure optimal planning and forecasting of department resources to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Analyse adjustment trends and take appropriate action by drawing to management attention.
- Ensure all floor checklists are completed and handed to management daily.
- Maintain a stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (first expiry, first out) principle.
- Ensure everything, within reason has been done to meet customer expectations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitor workflow and productivity and give proper feedback to the Inventory Manager.
- Proactively communicates in order to build co-operative relationships with internal customers
- Be able to work in a pharmaceutical environment (site applicable)
- Demonstrate thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
- Knowledge of Material Handling Standards, Administration and Management, Supply Chain and Personnel and Human Resources Management.
- Knowledge of Management Systems, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- English – Read, write and speak well.
- Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role.
- Knowledge of Public Safety and Security, Customer Service, Transportation Principles and Methods, Production and Processing
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 Years relevant experience, in a Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Supply-Chain / Logistics Degree or Diploma
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A