Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Durban has an opportunity available for an OHS and Facility Coordinator. The purpose of this role is to plan and monitor all facility maintenance and/or modification against a budget, ensure that all facility maintenance and preventative servicing are carried out and monitor compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facility expansion.
- Compile and present in-house as well as external workshops related to Occupational Health Safety
- Representative responsibilities, Fire Fighting and Incident investigation.
- Identify and evaluate cost-saving and synergy potential within the region.
- Assist with incident/ accident investigation and write accurate reports on these.
- Ensure all concerns and complaints are resolved in an acceptable and timeous manner.
- Safeguard a plan for emergency preparedness to protect both the physical facility and personnel.
- Initiate planned maintenance for a variety of office and warehouse equipment and infrastructure.
- Conduct on-going environmental, health and safety assessments on the site.
- Responsible for the management of Facility Management, including performance management and oversight of day-to-day tasks.
- Perform testing on generators and other power supplies on a regular basis in order to ensure that the company will be fully functional in the event of a power interruption.
- Conduct health and safety as well as career coaching programs for relevant employees.
- Ensure professional service delivery to all internal clients, while supporting core business processes as well as site and facility optimisation.
- Establish service schedules and adhere to it without disrupting the normal functioning of the business.
- Knowledge of procedures related to a Distribution Centre
- Communication in written and verbal English
- Knowledge of Management Systems as well as Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Be able to identify operational obstacles and opportunities
- Knowledge of relevant Labour Relations Acts, industry standards and training objectives
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong administration and coordination skills
- Time management skills
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in an Occupational Health and Safety or Facility management role
- Grade 12 / Matric
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Germany, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A