We invite you to apply and be a part of our Internal Audit and Evaluation team at the Canadian Security and Intelligence Agency.
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for providing functional leadership and strategic advice to Senior Management in accordance with the Government of Canada policies, directives and Professional Standards.
- Manage and oversee the planning and conduct of approved engagements/projects, review and finalize reports and lead the development of executive level briefing materials.
- Provide strategic advice and support to the executive and/or senior committees/managers on section activities, performance measurement, risk management and other corporate considerations.
- Manage employees by establishing project priorities and timelines, evaluating work performance, guiding training/development and fostering a healthy respectful workplace.
- Interpret policies and guidelines established by central agencies and adapt them to specific departmental requirements; monitor and review section activities on an ongoing basis to ensure adherence to TBS requirements and standards of practice; and maintain subject matter knowledge and expertise.
- Lead the department’s oversight or assessment function, contribute to the development of section plans and conduct a service-wide analysis as input into Departmental plans.
- Manage the activities of the section, including human and financial resources, and direct the conduct of engagements/projects in alignment with the departmental plan and/or central agency requirements.
- Uphold integrity and respect.
- Achieve results,
- Promote innovation and guide change,
- Mobilize people,
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders,
- Create vision and strategy,
Qualification & Experience:
- Recent* experience in providing strategic advice and providing oral presentations of findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Significant** experience in planning, conducting and reporting of internal or external audit or audit engagements in accordance with the Government of Canada Policy on Internal Audit or other relevant Professional standards.
- Significant** experience in preparing a variety of written materials, such as reports, management letters and briefing notes for senior management.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the management*** of human and financial resources
- An accounting designation (CPA: CA, CMA, CGA) or an internal audit certification (for example: CIA, CGAP, CISA)
- Undergraduate degree
- Ten (10) years of experience in conducting reviews or managing projects, research and analysis.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A