The incumbent is accountable for providing a range of administrative support services to management.
- Provide the DG with relevant and useful data (ex: budget, performance evaluation, training, human resources, etc.) by developing and maintaining various systems,
- Liaise with managers/employees on expenditures by ensuring that they comply with policies and regulations and that funds are available,
- Compose and draft written replies on behalf of the DG and review for quality and accuracy outgoing correspondence prepared by others for the DG.
- Prepare and process various administration requests such as training, human resources, official languages, accommodation, office equipment, information and technology, security and strategic planning,
- Control/organize the DG’s appointments by scheduling/ rescheduling meetings according to priorities, compiling any background information required or that would be beneficial,
- Assist the unit Head/DG by examining, analyzing, coordinating, prioritizing and organizing the administrative support work for the Branch,
- Act as a resource person by providing advice and policy interpretation to managers, employees and external candidates,
- Maintain the Branch’s budget by analyzing, reviewing and recommending expenditure requirements, compiling, entering and reconciling financial data into budget system, certifying expenditures and by providing periodic budget reports,
- Organizational capacity / skill for the multiplicity of tasks.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma and seven (7) years of experience*.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of experience*.
- College diploma and three (3) years of experience*.
- Experience in providing administrative support
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A