Pursuing a career with us will provide you with an opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic workplace. You will work with a dedicated team and will be supported to advance your career within the Pay Section. We recruit talented individuals who are committed to Canada’s values, energized by meaningful work, and looking for opportunities to explore their maximum potential. Working at CSIS is more than just a job.
As a Pay and Benefits Specialist at CSIS, you will contribute directly to our critical mission and make a difference in a unique environment.
- Research and assess Treasury Board (TB) and Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) policies and regulations by ensuring their application to CSIS where required;
- Analyze and exchange case-specific information and data with associates and representatives of federal and external organization, such as insurance and financial organizations, and with clients ‘representatives to facilitate and resolve specific issues and questions;
- Coordinate the continuation of employee benefits and deductions by communicating orally or in writing with the other departments;
- Participate on projects by providing input such as system improvement initiatives, development, testing and implementation of our internal human resources systems.
- Research and analyze case-specific data and information by establishing the requirements of legislation/regulation, pension and insurance plans, policies, procedures, programs, directives, collective agreements and other governing authorities and prepare summaries;
- Organize and control a workload by meeting deadlines in an efficient manner, setting priorities, conducting peer verification and ensuring accuracy of data;
- Coordinate and administer pay and benefits services by providing counselling and guidance to employees of all levels, their families and their representatives on different options available in various situations (resignations, lay-offs, life insurance plans, disability insurance, maternity /parental entitlements and garnishment); and by applying policies and guidelines;
- Initiate transactions such as leaves, pay adjustments, appointments, transfer actions, pension and insurance plans by obtaining data from a variety of sources and determine/calculate entitlements, options, and obligations by preparing and issuing/submitting data, information and responses;
- Client Service
- Problem Solving
- Analytical skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience required.
- Experience in providing detailed information, advice and guidance to clients on issues in compensation and benefits.
- Recent experience in client service as a resource person.
- Experience performing the full scope of the position as a fully trained Pay Specialist using the Phoenix Pay System, including administering pay and benefits to employees.
- High school diploma and five (5) years of experience**.
- 2-year college diploma and two (2) years of experience*.
- Experience in the use of computer systems related to pay and benefits processing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A