Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Software Engineer
- Represent team, priorities, architectures in cross-team architectural discussions and decision making. Partner with PMs/POs in forming vision, direction and priorities
- Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise
- Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools
- Consistently delivers complex, innovative and complete solutions, driving them through design, planning, development, deployment and support that simplify business processes and workflows to drive business value.
- Provide technical leadership both tactical (day to day activities) and strategic (big picture, vision). Work has high senior IT and business leadership visibility.
- Deliver results in collaboration with other software engineering and technical teams. Constructively and positively influence own and other teams/organizations direction
- Advocate solid software development practices in the team covering testing, modularity, scalability, observability and integration.
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Microsoft technologies.
- Effective communicator with a record of clear and impactful communication at multiple levels (i.e. from junior engineers to company’s IT leadership)
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Public cloud service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS services as well product offerings from Azure) and Infrastructure as Code (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures and frameworks
- Technical mentor for the team, enabling development and growth of other software engineers across the company
- Modern API platform design including how modern UI’s are built consuming services/API’s .
- Has deep knowledge of multiple programming languages, how to apply them and can easily articulate their strengths and weaknesses
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications
- Demonstrated application of systems thinking and strategic thinking skills. Ability to capture the key elements of a system into a simple abstraction that empowers good decisions.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into applications)
- Demonstrated deep understanding of the methods, processes and appropriate software engineering frameworks along with Chevron Digital Architecture System and Agile Frameworks.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission)
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud, Service Now, Ansible, Jenkins, and VSTS are considered a plus.
- Significant experience working on and leading agile teams, utilizing industry methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Experience building solutions in multiple programming languages and platforms.
- Practical, hands on experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission), data engineering/data management practices and tools, strong technical background in one or more development platforms (Microsoft, Java, Linux/Unix, Cloud, Mobile).
- 8+ year of Technical depth and breadth across the range of large-scale cloud and data architectures technologies
- BS minimum, MS preferred in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics, Engineering or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing and implementing API-first approach across platforms and solutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Covington, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A