Join Chevron Products & Technology as a Senior Lubricant Formulator , where you will be responsible for creating and maintaining engine oil lubricants that meet or exceed the latest performance standards. This position is part of a global team, supporting Chevron’s lubricants business in all regions. The Senior Formulator also networks with automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) and industry technical experts to understand and shape emerging requirements, to ensure that Chevron is well-positioned for the future.
- The senior formulator maintains a network of contacts with gasoline engine builders (OEMs) and represents the company’s technical and commercial interests through regular contacts and partnerships. Formulators may be nominated to represent Chevron’s interests in industry forums such as ASTM and API.
- The formulator is aware of the patent landscape in the field of gasoline engine lubricants.
- The Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) Formulator is an expert in the development of gasoline engine lubricants.
- Manages technical projects from planning through implementation. Communicates and collaborates with external suppliers and customer, and with key internal stakeholders.
- Expert in the application of PCMOs in the various regional markets, product tiers, and viscosity grades, and advises on how to differentiate products in the market.
- The formulator should be familiar with the preferred additives and base oils used in PCMOs, with how these components impact the performance of the lubricant, and with the bench and engine testing protocols used for the development and for Industry and OEM approval processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years in finished lubricants, lubricant additives, lubricant blending, or related technical field
- 5-15 years experience in finished lubricants, lubricant additives and/or lubricant blending strongly desired.
- B.S. in technical field (Science, Engineering)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A