We are looking for motivated individuals to join our IT Engineering team as an Industrial Network Engineer where you will develop, implement, optimize, and maintain network solutions in industrial settings while ensuring the reliability and security of the network infrastructure. You will have an opportunity to apply Security and Network concepts in several specialty fields within the Network Function such as Refineries, Oilfields, Lubricant plants, pipeline infrastructure, and other industrial environments. To be successful as an Industrial Network Engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal network solutions for our digital platforms in accordance with best practices and company security policies. You understand the nuances of different network solutions and implications for solution design. The Industrial Network Engineer will apply excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and must be a team player.
- Implement and maintain processes, procedures and associated plans for network infrastructure including administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Gather requirements and interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders to design and engineer our industrial network infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain industrial communication solutions to solve business problems and provide value to a wide variety of business functions.
- Interact with global peers within the network design, operation and across other support teams, to solve the more challenging escalated problems as well as simple to the more complex change implementations
- Provide comprehensive tier-3 support for the operational teams
- Create technical design documentations (HLD, LLD, Network Diagrams and implementation/test plan)
- Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the team
- Participate in the design, implementation and troubleshooting of our industrial network infrastructure
- Comprehensive understanding of the Purdue Model
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential, customer focus, and ability work with both technical and non-technical people.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a network engineering role focusing on enterprise and/or industrial network design and administration
- Hands-on experience in routing operation, design, and troubleshooting for Enterprise or Industrial networks
- Working experience of Industrial type connectivity such as Cellular and Satellite with Firewall experience preferred (Cisco, Palo Alto)
- Extensive experience in Wireless Technologies such as Microwave Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, and Wi-Fi (Aruba & Cisco).
- Working experience of Software Defined Network (SDN), Network Function virtualization (NFV) and Cloud applications
- B. S. degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A