Currently seeking a cyber security focused Data Scientists to be part of a dynamic Cyber Threat Intelligence Team within Chevron’s Cyber Intelligence Center (CIC).
The Data Scientist’s role will primarily focus on developing cyber security, threat intelligence and insider threat advanced data analytic models to predict and detect pending threats targeting Chevron
- Provide creative and innovative solutions and serve as a thought leader
- Develop methodologies to assess cyber security posture from raw data
- Assist in critical incident response cases; explore and analyze data to answer specific questions
- Automation of hunting and/or detection
- Lead the research and development of new cyber security models and analytic products
- Helping others develop data science solutions for decision making and automation
- Develop use cases leveraging advanced analytic techniques that help detect threats and generate insight for Chevron’s cybersecurity operations
- Analyze security logs and other data sources to identify information and features that can be used in correlation and threat detection
- Work in high pressure situations to address immediate threats
- Strong technical troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Advance Splunk knowledge (implementing data science models within Splunk)
- Demonstrated ability to use scripting skills to automate routine tasks
- Ability to collaborate with end-users to develop advanced analytic use cases, estimate technical levels of effort, and explain the resulting systems in both a person-to-person and automated fashion
- Strong technical background with expertise in machine learning or statistics or data-driven science
- Domain knowledge in cyber security (threat landscape, an understanding of IP networks, DNS, reconnaissance, malware, phishing, lateral movement etc.)
- Understanding of core concepts in statistics and relevant mathematics
- Ability to analyze, retrain, and improve machine learning models
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience applying a variety of unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised machine learning techniques, and the ability to turn big data into actionable intelligence
- Minimum of 3 years performing anomaly detection, classification, clustering, et al. methods
- Minimum of 3+ years’ of experience developing and deploying machine learning models in production settings.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on cybersecurity problems, including threat intelligence, network security, endpoint security, and/or cloud security technologies.
- Experience in data preprocessing, model validation, and deployment
- Strong experience with data visualization
- Experience with data engineering and data transformation
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A