This position provides system-wide technical, operations, and reliability expertise for Process Technologies & Systems. Responsibilities include stewarding complex process initiatives, turnaround scope development, gross margin improvement, developing best practices (BP) and standards, supporting projects, advancing business objectives, interacting in industry committees, auditing vs. BP & shepherding compliance plans, and identifying and implementing economic and reliability improvements. BIN Leaders play a large role in the competency development of new engineers, Operators, Ops Management, Maintenance & Reliability personnel through developing training materials and leading training, one-on-one mentoring, and providing support to those that want a technical career path.
- Keep abreast of incidents within industry and determine plans for addressing/institutionalizing lessons learned
- Communication on site visits–Trip reports – timely 1-page summary sent to appropriate members of refinery leadership team
- Participate in Industry safety and reliability efforts /API committees/FRI/NACE/etc.
- Ensure Crude and Distillation system focus in Project and Operational risk reviews (e.g. Process Hazard Analysis/LOPA)
- Ensure key learnings are institutionalized in procedures and training
- Assist with calculations, review, and reporting on solutions. Develop/refresh Best Practice procedures.
- Develop Crude & Distillation BIN Business Plans with sites to address opportunities and improvements.
- Process Advisor, Subject Matter Expert (SME), and Business Improvement Network (BIN) Leader for Crude and Distillation unit activities across Manufacturing and Complex Process Facilities (CPF).
- Assist in development of Operating procedures/Maintenance procedures when applicable (shutdown, cleanup, startup and
- Provide Mentoring – One-on-one development for engineers.
- Support Process Engineering Senior Engineer development initiative by providing input to work and development plans.
- Coordinate site self-assessments/audits and gap identification, and work with site management to develop shaping plans.
- Promote standardization of processes/procedures and development/refresh of Best Practice improvements.
- Act as a resource for incident investigations
- Participate in reliability and profitability studies as appropriate
- Develop specific equipment inspection checklists.
- Assist in development of appropriate and on-time submittal of work scope for turnarounds and execute turnarounds
- Ensure Crude & Distillation Best Practices evaluations/audits are completed and assessment items identified and tracked to completion.
- Develop “Critical Process Safety” BIN items and ensure tracking to closure.
- Plan and lead annual BIN team meetings.
- Coordinate various community of practice groups with regular conference calls and face-to-face meetings to share experience with industry to share safety learnings, participating and leading of practice groups with regular conference calls and face-to-face meetings to share experience
- Evaluate Lessons Learned and update best practice and other BIN guidance
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 15 years of directly related experience in a refinery, crude unit, and distillation operations.
- 20+ years of directly related experience in a refinery, crude unit, and distillation operations is preferred.
- BSc Chemical Engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A