Website Chevron Corporation
Mid-Continent Business Unit is in full production mode due to the increased activity in the Unconventional and Tight Rock plays in the US. Large scale drilling programs are underway in the Delaware and Midland basins to capitalize on our extensive land position in those basins and are the primary area of interest for the BU. The basins have thousands of wells and a large volume of 3D and 2D seismic coverage, plus Chevron is continually acquiring and processing seismic surveys over critical development areas in the Delaware and Midland basins. Targeted reservoirs include the Bone Spring and Wolfcamp in the Delaware Basin and Spreyberry and Wolfcamp in the Midland Basin.
- Key focus on Induced Seismicity effects in MCBU operated fields
- Working closely with operations and performance teams
- Incorporating daily field activities to model the potential causes and impact of operations in the basin
- Work alongside Legal and PGPA teams to support regulator activity, steer academic research, and be able to present material to internal and external technical and public audiences
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Geophysics, Physics or Geology or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in application of induced seismicity (IS) monitoring and its effects in O&G production environments
- Minimum of 3 years’ of demonstrated project management including work planning, risk assessment, contingency plans and business acumen.
- Technical development geophysics abilities: structural and stratigraphic interpretation, seismic calibration to wells, depth estimation, seismic inversion and rock property estimation that support well planning, reservoir modelling and field operations.
- Familiar with geomechanical modeling for stress characterization work feeding Fault Slip Potential Modeling
- Acute awareness of SWD activity and HF mechanisms that impact Induced Seismicity
- Geophysical interpretation with software such as Petrel, Hampson-Russell, RokDoc and Petra
- Proven track record of fundamental interpretation geophysical skill set, including 3d visualization, seismic mapping, RPFS (reservoir properties from seismic) work flow, well to seismic correlation, velocity model building, depth conversion, acoustic and elastic inversion
- Ability to integrate 3D seismic, geological/well data, and production data to characterize reservoirs reduce uncertainties
- Effective oral / written communication across diverse technical disciplines (Geophysics, Geology, Geomechanics, Reservoir Engineering) as well as presentations to internal/external non-technical partners in business settings
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A