The FFA Trader will start up Chevron Shipping’s tanker FFA trading desk. The FFA trader will collaborate with both CSC spot and term charterers, as well as S&T traders to identify and execute freight trading strategies, generating incremental commercially controlled fleet earnings.
- Continuously monitors the tanker freight markets, evaluates market fundamentals (0-12 months) and tanker freight pricing structures, tracks Chevron spot and term chartering activities and the CSC commercially controlled tanker fleet portfolio for profit contribution opportunities.
- Ensures all freight trading activities are compliant with Chevron’s internal risk governance policies/procedures and are accurately entered in all required IT applications in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating / maintaining / using models in evaluating and structuring freight trades.
- Develops and actively manages FFA trading contacts to further improve Chevron Shipping’s freight trading objectives.
- Collaborates closely with the Chevron Shipping spot and term chartering teams, and S&T trading teams to identify, develop and execute freight trading strategies and coordinate with S&T on freight exposure strategies generating incremental profit contribution.
- Actively collaborates with Shipping Commercial spot and term chartering teams, provides freight market insights improving tanker market understandings and commercial decision making.
- Collaboration and Communication – effectively collaborates and communicates in a fast-paced diverse team environment.
- Leadership – independently provides guidance or leadership pertaining to commercial marine transportation decisions supporting CSC spot and term charterers and/or S&T traders.
- Commercial and Analytical Acumen -– commercial experience structuring, negotiating, and executing commercial agreements and analytical experience collecting and analyzing market data.
Qualification & Experience:
- Industry Experience – experience trading paper freight and the commercial evaluation and optimization of physical spot and time charter freight positions in the global tanker market and knowledge of the underlying commodity markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree level education in a numeric discipline (e.g., engineering, science, statistics, etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shreveport, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A