Website Canada Post
The Electromechanical Specialist is primarily responsible for providing preventive and corrective maintenance of electromechanical aspects of all types of postal equipment to ensure its good working order and continued operation. This includes all phases of maintenance: troubleshooting, testing, repair and monitoring of electromechanical aspects of mail processing and handling equipment. Is also responsible for maintenance of associated electrical and electronic portions of systems.
- Observes established safety practices and requirements pertaining to the type of work involved; recommends additional safety measures as required. Advises Operations personnel on safe and effective operating procedures for the equipment/systems in use.
- Recommends changes in preventive maintenance procedures and practices to provide the proper level of maintenance; assists in the revision of preventive maintenance checklists and the frequency of performing preventive maintenance tasks. In instances of serious equipment failures, conducts investigations to determine the cause of the breakdown and to recommend remedial action to prevent recurrence.
- In the absence of the storeperson, retrieves and obtains items used in support of maintenance and repair duties from stores.
- Uses necessary hand and power tools, and mechanical, electrical and electronic gauging devices, instruments, test equipment and predictive technologies if required. Duties also require the use of motorized lifting equipment, specialized equipment for work at heights or other types of tools or equipment to perform preventive or corrective work activities.
- Performs the preventive and corrective maintenance of electromechanical and associated electronic aspects of all types of postal equipment work to ensure the safe and correct operation of the equipment: this includes testing, diagnosis, maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustment and revision work, rebuilding or modifying parts as necessary. Reads schematics, drawings, wiring diagrams and specifications in locating and correcting potential or existing malfunctions and failures. Job requires a thorough knowledge of mail processing and associated equipment, maintenance and technologies and the ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including working at heights.
- Participates in training programs in the classroom, on-the-job on or off site as required.
- Initiates work orders requesting corrective actions for below standard conditions; assists in the estimating of time and materials required, and measures and/or lays out work for major or difficult jobs to efficiently utilize labour and materials.
- Maintains documentation relative to the work performed using the Computerized Maintenance Management system. Reports the circumstances surrounding equipment failures, and recommends measures for their correction. Updates work orders with comments, findings, and actions taken for work performed.
- Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
- Knowledge Of Testing, diagnosis and adjusting of mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and equipment.
- Recommend changes in prevention maintenance procedures and practices.
- As per the language requirements for the position.
- Reports on circumstances surrounding equipment failures, and recommends measures for corrective actions.
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical systems and principles.
- Educate other personnel on safe and effective operating procedures for the equipment/systems in use.
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and principals.
- Initiate work orders requesting corrective actions.
- Must be able to exercise physical effort in lifting heavy equipment and tools and perform maintenance routines under a variety of conditions including cramped spaces, heights and other awkward positions.
- Operate a computer and use programs such as Windows and MS Office.
- Conduct investigations to determine cause of breakdowns and recommend remedial action to prevent recurrences.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two years of experience (within the last five years) in the maintenance and repair of a variety of mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and equipment, or a diploma per educational requirements above funded by Canada Post in the last five years.
- Completion (at minimum) of a 2 year post-secondary program in either a mechanical or electro-mechanical field (these trades/programs could include industrial mechanic, millwright, mechanical technician/technologist). DEC in Quebec.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A