Website Canada Post
At Canada Post, we are excited to spotlight Indigenous communities within our hiring practices as we celebrate the important heritage of our great Nation.
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post. Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
- Be required to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
- Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
- Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
- Maintain floor displays
- Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
- Operate mail processing equipment (clearing jams, remove mail from sorting machines, etc.) where applicable
- Exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighting up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 lbs) and bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Operate a computer point of sale system
- Applicants who identify as Indigenous or as having a disability shall be given priority in the candidate selection process.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a production environment is an asset
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- Sales experience is an asset
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Tisdale, Saskatchewan, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A