Join us as a Section Manager Drilling & Blasting OC to play an integral role in developing and implementing appropriate business and operational action plans to ensure continuous achievement and uninterrupted production.
As a legal appointee 2.6.1 in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act (South Africa), the Section Manager Drilling & Blasting will be to ensure that the Drilling & Blasting activities are executed in accordance with the plan and that the metres drilled, and tonnes blasted are executed safely to achieve production tonnes.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with safety, health and environmental standards.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, understand and deliver on their operational needs, and identify and resolve issues timeously.
- Develop, maintain, update, and communicate all legal and operational policies, procedure, standards, and guidelines relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Implementation of required technology in both drilling & blasting section
- Effective People Management: Ensure that roles are clearly defined and that competencies and learning paths are developed to human capacity and capability.
- Ensure all holes are drilled, charged, and blasted according to plan to assure production, assist with planning of blasting schedule/s, implementation thereof, control, review and adjust schedule/s where necessary and highlight risks
- Create and implement agreed upon operational planning and production targets, ensuring that integrated operational plans are practically designed, executable and support the business strategy
- Asset optimisation of operational capabilities.
- Financial budgeting and management.
- Ensuring work is executed to high level of quality on both drilling & blasting
- Manage day to day operations of Drilling & Blasting, improve efficiency and continuously drive quality mining
- Proficient in assessing management principles around open pit mining and related equipment and associated operational standards and philosophies
- Strong understanding of the full spectrum of MRM and liaison with other related disciplines (Survey, Geology, Rock Engineering etc.)
- Valid Certificate of Fitness
- Appointed or previously acted in a Section 2.6.1 legal appointment
- Valid South African Driver’s license
Qualification & Experience:
- Completed or in the process of completing a postgraduate qualification would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience in Drilling & Blasting within opencast mining environment
National Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering
- Advanced budget and cost control experience
- Contractor Management experience
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated mining production experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role within open pit mining operations
- Opencast or Surface Blasting Certificate
- Experience in project management would be advantageous
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A