We have an exciting opportunity for a Boilermaker who will be responsible for performing maintenance, overhauling, repairs, condition monitoring services on vehicles, equipment and machinery in a safe and cost-effective manner to maximise equipment reliability and availability, whilst enabling the achievement of production targets.
- Identifying and reporting defects, equipment failures and time required to do repairs to the Supervisor to enable applicable decision-making, action planning and problem resolution.
- Ensuring effective maintenance of plant equipment and related machinery to ensure optimal utilisation and availability toward maximising production and throughput schedules.
- Supporting plant personnel by ensuring that the necessary plant and equipment maintenance preparations and maintenance tasks are done in accordance with SMP (Standard Maintenance Practice) to contribute to the achievement of improving work practices and operational targets.
- Ensuring installations, commissioning of infrastructure and post-installation work testing for functionality is executed in accordance with specifications to meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Continuously monitor maintenance progress and related preparation activities against planned schedules to meet operational targets, minimize downtime, enable timely reporting and enhance plant efficiency.
- Driver’s Licence: Code B (Light Vehicle); Code C (Heavy Vehicle)
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 Years’ operational maintenance experience as a Boilermaker
- Grade 12 / N3
- Trade Certificate: Boilermaker
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A