EA manages a portfolio of applications on behalf of Group HR. These include on-premise SAP Payroll solutions for the Group and Platinum, as well as SaaS solutions including SAP SuccessFactors. Increasingly the HR application landscape is becoming more complex as niche cloud solutions are deployed for Talent Acquisition, Learning, Performance Management, and others. This portfolio requires complex integration from a cloud to cloud perspective, as well as between on-premise and cloud applications. Managing the integrity of employee and other HR master data is increasingly challenging, especially with the need to comply with GDPR and POPIA data privacy legislation.
- Ensure the knowledge underpinning application/service delivery is documented, managed and maintained
- Understand the business processes, work flows, and practices, to enable the analysis of business requirements and the development of solutions.
- Leads small to medium-sized enhancement projects/ sprints.
- Help the functional systems manager develop application roadmaps and plans for the full scope of the discipline (not limited to SAP products).
- Work with key users to define integration requirements both within the discipline and with applications in other functional areas.
- Helps discipline leadership and the system manager drive up system adoption and compliance with standard processes and systems.
- Take overall accountability for the documentation or modelling of the end-to-end business process, cross-application, and including manual or semi-automated steps (end user applications, spreadsheet applications, etc).
- Works with the discipline and GIM colleagues to help drive master data quality improvement.
- Where required, help define data migration processes including data purification, enrichment, loading and reconciliation.
- Perform functional analysis, requirements definition and functional testing, in conjunction with internal and third party development teams.
- Provide input in terms of information security, data privacy and system access set-up.
- Support the systems manager in providing guidance to discipline leadership with regards to technology innovations and products.
- Helps process owners and key users understand the data objects and structures “owned” by the discipline, and helps guide them in terms of data design decisions.
- Work closely with process owners and key users to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality solutions.
- Work with key users to qualify opportunities for automation in the discipline, and guide the developers of BPM, RPA or other automation platform solutions.
- Identify innovations, motivate support and sponsorship, and lead proofs of concept.
Qualification & Experience:
- Desirable: It would be advantageous to have a qualification in a relevant discipline (Industrial Psychology or Human Capital Management) OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity.
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant information systems and technology discipline: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, BCom or Information Systems, Business Science (Information Systems)
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A