As a General Accountant you will support the General Accounting Supervisor in delivering timely, accurate and complete financial information to stakeholders. You will also be responsible for supporting a robust control environment.
- Follow up and ensure that audit requests are submitted
- Execute escalation process to support effective service delivery
- Ensure controls are adhered to and executed
- Accounting Supervisor for review in a timely manner
- Responsible for processing all journal entries into relevant ledgers and submission to the General
- Responsibility for month-end close activities
- Any other tasks as and when required
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing general ledger balance sheet reconciliations, investigate and report on financial discrepancies and overdue items.
- Focus on recording, completeness and measurement of all transactions
- Drive adherence to safety
- Update and complete SOP’s process documents
- Support deadline management
- Assist in the preparation of the KPI reports
- On a monthly basis process all relevant transactions in the general ledger with special note on overdue items and making appropriate disclosures to the General Accounting Supervisor
- Complete and submit all relevant statutory and regulatory returns performed by the accounting team.
- Member of a recognised accounting body (advantageous)
- Valid Driver`s license
- Exposure to Accounting Systems
- Knowledge specific to the role: Finance, Tax, IFRS
- Fluent in Business English
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years general accounting experience
- BCOM Accounting Degree/ National Diploma or equivalent B degree at a recognised institution.
- SAP experience
- Accounting experience in the mining industry/corporate multinational environment
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A