Join us as a Chief Professional Nurse to plan and maintain delivery of nursing care within the Occupational Health Centre and supervision of staff.
- Report deficiencies and implement plans to address deficiencies.
- Capturing, monitoring, submitting of reports to relevant internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies
- Consistently apply Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
- Engage in physical safety checks, interventions and coaching.
- Communicates and compiles reports related to occupational injuries/incidents to the relevant internal stakeholders/departments.
- Adhere to external local compliance requirements as a minimum level of site performance
- Adhere to Anglo American compliance requirements and ensure compliance of team.
- Identify specific risks within working area and adhere to discipline-specific plans/system to avoid these risks.
- Assess the ‘fitness for duty’ of team members and take any subsequent necessary action.
- Delegation of work according to subordinates’ level of education and expertise.
- Act as a role model and actively engage as a team member in all team processes.
- Assist in planning and maintaining quality health care and ensuring adequate staffing of nursing service and general housekeeping.
- Act in line and support a purpose-led, high performing culture, applying the company values and principles of inclusion and diversity
- Act as a role model and reinforce a workplace culture where safety and health for the site is paramount.
- Communication skills (written and verbal) and report writing skills
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Registered with South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse
- People management skills
- Basic Life Support advantageous
- Excellent computer skills – (Ms Office)
Qualification & Experience:
- B.Tech Occupational Health
- Experience in management of staff
- Solid experience in managing operations
- Grade 12
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing (NQF level 7)
- 5 years’ or more experience in a Nursing Occupational health supervisor capacity within the mining industry
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rustenburg, North-West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A