We have an exciting position for a Plater, where you will be responsible to conduct services and maintenance of equipment in the section according to correct procedure and safety standards and within specific timeframes, in order to assist the team in the functioning of its objectives. To conduct work on various equipment pieces (HME / Plant equipment)
- Ensure job cards are completed in full and returned back on time
- Adhere to all health and safety practices requirements and promote good housekeeping to ensure compliance and an environment where team members can deliver their outputs within a controlled risk environment.
- Conduct gouging according to correct procedures and based on the necessary precautions to ensure that the process is conducted safety and efficiently.
- Provide advice in all maintenance related matters and tactics to all concerned parties in a pro-active manner aligned with best practices and within agreed upon timeframes to avoid possible problems and uplift competence base.
- Ensure own ability to read equipment drawings enabling their proper servicing and functioning, mark all pieces and equipment when working and when completed to alleviate technical queries.
- Ensure all equipment is serviced and maintained as required using the appropriate as per job, in order to achieve optimal functionality within the section and maintain cost effectiveness.
- Provide assistance to supervisor and co-workers when required within company policies, procedures and guidelines to enhance teamwork objectives
- Ensure area is cleaned using the appropriate method prior to brazing and / or soldering and take into account effects of temperature and time on quality of the end product; comply with all procedures at all times to ensure safety and optimal results.
- Ensure work is executed as per Operating Model standards & procedures
- Valid driver’s license Code 10
- Valid driver’s license Code 14 (advantageous)
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-3 Years’ experience as a Plater/Welder Artisan
- Grade 12 Certificate / N3 Technical
- Qualified as an Artisan Plater/Welder, Plater or Boilermaker
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, South Africa Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A