As a Senior Security Officer, reporting into the Security Manager, you will be responsible to recognise risks associated with DBM Golf Park and DBGS Supply Chain Centre (SCC) and to establish minimum security and loss prevention standards as well as core competencies to safeguard De Beers product, people, assets, information and reputation against those with malicious intent.
- Reviewing, implementing and exercising Security SOP’s at GP & SCC.
- Manage the process for the implementation of DBM Security Clearances
- Conduct security risk assessments (Golf Park & SCC).
- Implement operational plans in accordance with the DBM Security Plan and Group Security Strategy.
- Manage security responsibilities in emergency situations.
- Managing security contracts to maximize operational financial performance.
- Conduct preliminary investigations (Initial Fact-Finding phase of an investigation).
- Develop and manage a formal post event surveillance review plan aligned with the risk and information gathering priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of Group Security Standards
- Travel to Namibia and to mining vessels at sea as and when required
- Valid Code 08/EB Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Security Risk Management, internal auditing principles and techniques, Supply Chain Managemen
- Company Security and Supply Chain policies and procedures
- Ability to work irregular hours, and over weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977
- Proven background on Contract Management
- Registered in accordance with the Private Security Industry Regulation Act, 56 of 2001, A Grade
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a maritime / mining security environment /supply chain environment
- National Diploma in Security Risk Management or Diploma in Criminology or NQF 6 equivalent.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A