We’re looking for a talented, passionate senior user experience designer to work on AWS Support products (Service Health Dashboard, Personal Health Dashboard, Support Center, Knowledge Center, Forums, Trusted Advisor) and internal tooling (case management and engineering support tooling). This designer will be responsible for designing the UX architecture, interaction flow, and aesthetics of our current and new properties. We’re looking for a designer to create elegant, intuitive user interfaces that meet business needs. This designer will have a significant impact on the creative direction of the Support products with particular focus on the challenges of solving major challenges and shape the success of the CX of AWS customers, internal service teams, and support engineers worldwide. You will be a key driver in taking an idea to experimentation to prototyping and then to implementation to identify and improve our customer experiences.
- Review with and gather feedback on work from business, product management, development, and peer design teams as well as executive leadership.
- Lead your team and partners in defining, tracking, and reporting key user experience metrics.
- Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Evaluate new and emerging methods and technologies in UX prototyping, and identify best-of-breed to incorporate into your team’s toolkit.
- Evaluate, establish, and apply best practices, patterns, and guidelines.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns
Qualification & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications
- 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers on implementation of designs
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- A master’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A