The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
Solutions Architects own the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer’s business needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology. To do this they collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating Startups about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of scenarios (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Genomics, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security). You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
- In depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, highly secured workloads etc.
- Passion for technology and for learning
Qualification & Experience:
- CTO/co-founder/architect experience for a VC-backed technology startup company or strong interest in the Startup ecosystem
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects – either on premises or in the cloud
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
- Experience of Software, Systems or Data Design
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A