Solutions Architects are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer’s needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with AWS technology. Solutions Architects lead activities such as architecture reviews, white-boarding sessions, demos and technical workshops. They collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
- Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Work directly with customers to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
- Advocate and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer’s outcomes.
- Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
- Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members.
- Build technical relationships with customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
- Background in one or more of the following: Cloud Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Fluent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Migrations, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems – either on premises or in the cloud
- Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
- Experience with public speaking
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A