- You have a working knowledge of basic UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, Responsive design
- You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring
- You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code
- You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
- You recognize and adopt best practices in software development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
- You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
- You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis
- A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals is essential (know those data structures and algorithms)
- The technical skills required for this role include strong object-oriented design and programming in Java.
- You enjoy building things and are curious to find how things work
- You love solving the big and hard problems as well as make sure your service stays running
Qualification & Experience:
- Honour’s or MSc degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative field is a plus
- Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software is highly desired.
- Experience with AWS services and server-less technologies is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A