Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy
- Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
- One or more version control platform (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
- One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
- Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Chef, Puppet, or related tools)
- One or more scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, extensions)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Advanced experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange)
- Advanced experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
- Advanced experience in administration and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following: DevOps/Deployment, Orchestration Management, Configuration Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A