You’re dependable, efficient, and have a high respect for safety. Alberta Health Services is currently seeking someone like you to join our Environmental Services team as a cleaner/housekeeper. Environmental Services is about more than providing a pleasant atmosphere, it’s about ensuring hospitals and healthcare facilities are properly cleaned, sanitized, and maintained to provide a healthy environment for everyone. The Environmental Services I – Cleaner/Housekeeper performs a range of cleaning services in clinical and non-clinical areas, including treatment rooms, staff areas, and public spaces. In this role, you will make a difference to staff, volunteers, patients and families alike. You will join a team of over 6,000 Environmental Service workers making a difference every day by cleaning, sanitizing, organizing, and restocking to make sure everyone’s experience at AHS is safe, clean, and healthy.
As an Environmental I, you will be responsible for performing a variety of routine tasks associated with the cleaning and disinfecting of clinical and non-clinical healthcare environments. Your typical duties may include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, restocking supplies in bathroom facilities and, stripping linen and remaking beds. This includes replenishing cleaning supplies and linens and identifying and reporting potential hazards to your Working Leader.
- Knowledge and operation of a computer including Microsoft Office.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated dependability and reliability.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and perform repetitive movements for the duration of your shift.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 22 lbs of force.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to AHS and departmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, able to follow oral and written instruction
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in chemical handling (WHMIS).
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Previous related experience in a commercial organization.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Taber, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A