As an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), you will transport ill or injured patients from scenes of emergency and/or between facilities. This includes operating ambulances or other modes of transportation; assessing emergency scenes and patients; providing simple treatments and completing required documentation including patient care reports. You will assist with ensuring that ambulances or other Emergency Medical Services (EMS) vehicles, such as transfer vans, are properly stocked and equipped.
- Must hold a valid Class 4 Alberta Operator’s Licence with no more than six (6) demerits.
- Current AHS employee working in a health care role.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in an EMR role. Currently enrolled in a Primary Care Paramedic program.
- Volunteer experience.
- Completion of an accredited Emergency Medical Responder or Primary Care Paramedic program.
- Experience working in a Suburban Rural or Metro Emergency environment.
- Ride along, practicum or Industrial experience.
- Completion of post-secondary education (i.e. – Doctorate, Master’s, Bachelor’s Degree; Diploma).
- Heart and Stroke Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BCLS-HCP) certification (Level C).
- Additional Education (AHS or Non AHS related courses or certificates excluding AHS mandatory training).
- Active registration with Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) as an Emergency Medical Responder.
- Completion of the Functional Abilities Recruitment Evaluation (F.A.R.E.) test taken no more than six (6) months prior to the application date.
- Leadership experience (i.e. – Supervisory work, Instructor, committee work, Specialty Teams, Clinical Educator, Union Representative).
- Experience working in Inter Facility Transport environment.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A