The Clinic Manager is responsible for various clinic areas within the Ambulatory Care portfolio that performs a leadership role within the Royal Alexandra Hospital and reports directly to the Patient Care Manager of Ambulatory Care Services. This position is responsible and accountable for providing direction, team leadership and organization over the activities of the clinics in support of the vision, mission and business plan of Alberta Health Services. The position is responsible and accountable for making clinic level decisions and having direct leadership responsibility for contributing to the achievement of the goals of the Royal Alexandra Hospital Ambulatory Care Portfolio.
- Supporting the review, development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate systems for the collection, interpretation and application of performance improvement measures throughout the clinic ( data base support).
- Financial management of budget for each clinic which includes but is not limited to management of human resources, equipment, supplies, and preventative maintenance.
- Developing policies/procedures/criteria relevant to each clinic area.
- Supporting staff education and clinical research.
- Providing effective clinical leadership and functional support to Physician Groups, Front-line Health Care providers such as Registered nurses, Allied multidisciplinary team members, and clerical staff.
- Management and support of human resources within each clinical area.
- Communicating and implementing AHS strategies and initiatives that support timely, effective and efficient patient care related activities.
- Reviewing clinic processes to assess effectiveness, efficiency and service delivery to determine gaps in service or intervention provision using such tools as but not limited to AIM, AIW, and Quality Improvement metrics.
- Must currently have and maintain registration in good standing with CARNA.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience leading teams through Quality Improvement an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years Ambulatory Care or Community Care preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Medical/Surgical, Emergency, ICU, or other Multidisciplinary Acute Care environment is required.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing program is required.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field required.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A